Those of us who love a great cup of coffee, and have indulged in coffee for a number of years (I, for one am not saying how many, but I started drinking coffee when I was in grade school), tend to pooh-pooh any negative reports about coffee drinking. Somehow we know better. However, it is nice when a report comes out that cites numerous positive aspects of enjoying that daily cup (or 3) of coffee. A recent report written by Renee Jacques for The Huffington Post lists 11 reasons why you should drink coffee every day. The headline made us want to read more. We’re including a link to the report in this blog, but here’s a brief summary of what it’s all about: http://huff.to/19TTSyy
- The aroma – who doesn’t love the smell of coffee – fresh ground or fresh brewed. Seems the smell of coffee can help reduce stress.
- Who knew? – it helps protect the liver from the effects of alcohol. We’re not suggesting you increase alcohol consumption based on this report, but after a night on the town, end it with a cup of coffee.
- Coffee has proven to act as a mild anti-depressant by helping to increase the production of neurotransmitters.
- If you’re a woman, drinking coffee helps reduce the chances of getting skin cancer. (Guys, I guess your skin is already tougher, as opposed to the fairer sex).
- Coffee can give you a better workout. Drinking coffee before a workout helps with endurance by increasing the number of fatty acids in the bloodstream. This means you’ll burn up fat first, then burn carbs later in the workout.
- Coffee consumption has been linked to a lower risk of developing Type 2 diabetes (adult onset diabetes). According to the report, “people who drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day reduce their chances of developing Type 2 diabetes by 50%.” That’s a number you can live with!
- Drinking coffee may help your brain stay healthier longer. Caffeine consumption my help to reduce or delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Coffee can make you smarter. Drinking coffee to stay awake or alert also makes your brain function more efficiently. Caffeine increases reaction time, attention span, and logical reasoning.
- Antioxidants – coffee is loaded with these. Coffee has more antioxidants than fruits and vegetables and they absorb more quickly into the bloodstream.
Now that you’ve read all of these great reasons to enjoy –guilt free – that next cup of coffee, imagine that you only drink organically grown and roasted coffee. Organic coffee is grown without the use of harsh chemical sprays or chemical washes. Organic crops are kinder to the soil, the atmosphere, the plants, animals and most of all humans. Z’s Divine Espresso buys and roasts only organically grown coffee beans so you can appreciate the purest taste of the product – and feel good about drinking it. Enjoy!